Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The Awesomeness of Parents, Grandparents.

Someone stated the following line on FB:
"The older I get the more I see how awesome my parents are!"
I can't agree more on this ! ! !
. . .
Seeing nephew growing up each day, each year in a "fast rate", I really wished he would grow up every day knowing and appreciating his parents' love from young... before it is too late...!
. . .
It is heart-wrenching when parents' love is not appreciated by the children... or they do not know how much their parents love and care for them... and I realised this at a "late" stage...
Seeing grandma getting old with "old-people sickness" really breaks my heart and at the same time struggling to cope with the stress caused by the "sickness"...
She is widowed at a young age and had to take care of four young children single-handedly. Consequently, fears constantly filled her heart since then and they are scarily manifested in her sleep, where she will scream ALOUD and turn very fearful in the middle of the night...
The stress, the fear, the hardship that she had gone through I would never know!
Grandma was very sad when her only brother passed away. And she told me how both of them ran away from China to Malaysia to survive from the "Japanese era". My heart ached upon hearing the story, and that was during my primary school years...
Now, because of her "old" sickness, many times I could not bear with the stress that she is giving... and I felt sad many times when I ran low on patience... The fear that she is showing now is the manifestation of fear she built in yesteryears... I have not gone through what she had gone through and how could I tell her not to be afraid unsympathetically?? *a slap to self*
I would never know exactly the hardship that grandmas and parents had gone through, hope I will still have time to appreciate grandma ... and dad...!
. . .
Need to get out from the emotional and melancholic state soon, which happens every time after returning from home. But afterall, it is not a bad emotional state hey?

No comments: