Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The Second Slap!

On the next day, I got another "grey" Slap!
I was walking in the city, at night, to breathe in some city air and to enjoy the night lights along Yarra River!
Again, as I was walking I put on my alert radar due to the news of high rate of fights, racism, and brawls in the city.
And it is common in the city that people will approach you and ask for some small change to "buy-tickets-to-get-a-ride-home"
As I walked along Southbank, at relatively fast pace there came a girl and said "Excuse me, I wonder......."
From my experience and instinct I walked off quickly!
And after walking off, I was reasoning within me, "What if she was asking for directions???" Or "even if she was asking for some small change I should have given her as the following verse came to my mind"
. . .
Matthew 10:42 And if anyone gives even a cup of cold water to one of these little ones because he is my disciple, I tell you the truth, he will certainly not lose his reward."
. . .
Then I walked back in hope to catch the girl again and see what she was asking for...
After a short walk, I saw her again, from a far, and she was approaching a man and the man took a note (at least $5) out from his wallet and gave it to her...
Indeed she was "in need" of money...
Hmm, guess I should have stopped, listened to her and gave her "a cup of cold water" - small change - for whatever reasons she wanted the money for, as long as I have done my part. Afterall she looks decent . . .
*2 lessons on 2 consecutive days*
*Oh, what's next?*
Maybe it has been a long time since I was last *Polished*
. x . o . x . o. x. o.

No comments: