Monday, April 26, 2010

The Introvert Me...

Definitions of Introverts from the internet:
"Basically, an introvert is a person who is energized by being alone and whose energy is drained by being around other people. Introverts are more concerned with the inner world of the mind. They enjoy thinking, exploring their thoughts and feelings. They often avoid social situations because being around people drains their energy. This is true even if they have good social skills. After being with people for any length of time, such as at a party, they need time alone to "recharge."
"Introverts make up about 60% of the gifted population but only about 25-40% of the general population."
. . .
"Introverts have an inward focus and aren't usually the life of the party. They have a strong sense of self that can make them feel highly self-conscious around other people – making walking into a crowded room a little nerve-wracking. Introverts process their emotions, thoughts, and observations internally. They can be social people, but reveal less about themselves than extroverts do. Introverts are more private, and less public. Introverts tend to get their energy from within, so being with people is draining. After a day filled with people or activities, introverts tend to feel exhausted and empty. To recharge their batteries introverts need to be alone reading, daydreaming, painting, or gardening – any solo activity fills them up again. This doesn't mean introverts have to live alone in a cave in the hills or on Walden Pond; they just need quiet time to come back to themselves. The energy source for introverts is from within."
. . . . . . .
I pretty much fit into the above definitions of introverts... I'm indeed exhausted after being around with people for 7 hrs and especially people who talk a lot & required my attention & response . . .
But I can't either be with people who are too quiet & couldn't strike a conversation, which can drain my energy too! GreaT . . . So what do I want?!?
. . .
Being an introvert really makes me think and evaluate myself too much and would often condemn myself.
And it can be quite challenging to "live fully in the Grace of God" as I tend to think about the actions, thoughts and deeds that I have done wrong and I'd start to feel "guilty" or "bad" . . .
But I should experience the Grace of God to live my life to the fullest . . .
Well...... then i should Not feel guilty of the 'right things that I have NOT done'! ! !
And obviously I can't... Guilt is filling my heart . . .
And so is "exhaustion" filling my body, heart & mind after being with a group of people for 7 hrs & hiked for 30 mins ++ . . .
. . . Guess it's time to recharge! Good Night My Cute & Beloved Ma Ma! . . .
. . . Hmm, I should pray for transformation in me so to live in God's Love & Grace before I "rest in peace". . .

No comments: